EAEU INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION
Schedule: 8 April 2020, 15.00 – 17.00
The Eurasian Economic Union international cooperation agenda’s open and multidirectional nature features both traditional and innovative approaches to building ties with third parties. It is also complemented by implementation of advanced international standards and best practices contributing to the Union’s legal framework enhancement.
Strengthening the EAEU international legitimacy is high on Russia’s foreign policy priority list. Against the background of accelerating globalization, regionalization and related opportunities, this can foster establishment of new channels of international cooperation instead of locking in the foreign policy collision with the West.
Meeting Russia’s and EAEU’s domestic and external challenges necessitates a coordinated “foreign policy” on the Union level. The one that would allow for effective international cooperation with third parties in solving global problems.
The event will feature a presentation of the report developed by HSE experts and entitled «Searching for A New Multipolarity Architecture: EAEU International Cooperation».
Main topics of discussion:
- Regional integration: from classical theories to postmodern approaches. Conjunction and outreach format as tools of the multipolarity architecture.
- Effects of sanctions and trade wars on the Eurasian integration: constraints and opportunities.
- EAEU as a subject of global trade and trade policy: between the new regionalism and global protectionism.
- Topical issues of EAEU cooperation with third countries, international organisations and integration projects.
- EAEU cooperation with international institutions and global business community: from implementing international standards to developing joint projects.
- Advantages and opportunities for Russia in the course of EAEU "foreign policy" implementation.
- EAEU international affairs: expert views from the region.
The round table is part of the XXI April International Academic Conference on Economic and Social Development official programme (6-10 April 2020). Further information could be found on the Conference website - https://conf.hse.ru/en/2020.
The registration is open through 20 March 2020. For participation and further information, please contact Elena Vladimirovna Sabelnikova, tel. (495) 772-95-90 x 23404; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.