AREAS OF WORK
Nowadays the agenda of the Government of the Russian Federation includes directions like international cooperation, export support, including non-oil, the implementation of large-scale international infrastructure projects, development of regional integration processes. The objectives of international integration and economic cooperation are included in the Main Activities of the Government of the Russian Federation for the period up to 2024, the goals and objectives of the national project “International Cooperation and Export”. The composition of interauthority structures on interaction with international institutions is expanding.
In accordance with the strategic priorities of the Government of the Russian Federation, the Competence Centre operates in the following institutional areas:
- United Nations and its specialized institutions and regional commissions (UN)
- The Group of Twenty (G20)
- World Trade Organization (WTO)
- Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)
- Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO)
- The European Union (EU)
- The Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU)
- Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
- Southern Common Market (MERCOSUR)
- "One Belt - One Road" Initiative
Russian authorities demand for professional research and expert-analytical support in the field of international cooperation is increasing due to the constantly expanding global agenda, including such horizontal themes as sustainable economic growth, combating climate change and its consequences, innovative development, digital transformation, trade facilitation and investment promotion, implementation of international standards and best practices in national and Eurasian legislation and law enforcement, development of global and regional value chains, e-commerce, international certification, etc.
The Competence Centre provides expert and analytical support in solving key tasks of the Russian Government in terms of international cooperation:
- ensuring a comprehensive, consistent and proactive position of our country on key issues of the global agenda at various international platforms;
- the integration of national priorities of socio-economic development with global goals and objectives for sustainable growth, social well-being and security;
- harmonization of the Russian regulatory framework with international standards and best practices;
- presenting the international community with Russian’s domestic indicators, standards and best practices and their reflection in Russia's positions in the most authoritative global ratings and indices.
The activities of the Competence Centre also include conducting operational expertise on sectoral issues of international cooperation at the request of the Government of the Russian Federation and federal executive authorities: government, trade policy and technical regulation, science, technology and innovation policy, education policy, employment policy, digital economy, insurance and private pensions, environmental protection, waste management, chemicals turnover, regional and urban development, housing policy, healthcare, taxes, responsible business conduct, support for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), agriculture.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.